Please read carefully the information in this document that expresses the policy of eDREAM regarding the general conditions of use of the website and cookies.
What are cookies?
“Internet cookie” (also known as “cookie browser” or HTTP cookie” or simply “cookie” is a small file of letters and numbers that will be stored on your computer, mobile terminal or other equipment on which the Internet is accessed. They are widely used to make websites work more efficiently as well as to provide information to website owners.
Cookies are not used to determine the personal identity of anyone who is visiting our website. It also does not contain software, viruses or spyware and can’t access the information on the user’s hard drive.
Generally there are three types of cookies:
- Session cookie – Also known as a “temporary cookie”, this type of cookie attaches itself to a user’s computer when they enter and browse a website. The cookie is then erased when the user closes the Web browser or exits the site. A session cookie does not collect information from a user’s computer or activity while it sits on the system.
- Persistent cookie – Unlike session cookies, a persistent cookie does not disappear after a user exits a site. These types of cookies have a specific expiration date with the cookie continuing to transmit information to a website’s server every time a user visits the site until the expiry date comes up. For this reason, persistent cookies are also known as “tracking cookies” as marketers can use the information obtained from the cookies to study user behavior over a certain period of time. Persistent cookies are also used to keep users logged into certain website, thus eliminating the need for them to enter their log in credentials each time they want to access the site.
- Third-Party Cookie – A good example of third-party cookies is through advertisements or banners for third-party products or services present on a website. Cookies are also present in the social media “buttons” commonly found on websites. When a user encounters an article or a piece of information, the website will provide the option to share the content thereby activating the designated social media’s cookies.
Find out more about cookies here: https://www.aboutcookies.org/
You may visit the www.edream-h2020.eu website without eDREAM requesting personal information, but each time a web page is accessed, the following information is recorded:
- the name of the file being accessed;
- date and time of accessing the web page;
- the amount of information transmitted;
- information about how to successfully load the page;
- the type of web browser used;
- search domain.
These data are used for the internal use of the company and to improve the services offered through the website, individual users keeping their anonymity.
- Visitor analysis cookies;
- Third party cookies.
Visitor analysis cookies are generated for statistical purposes to know the volume of visitors to the site.
Third-party cookies are cookies placed by third parties, partners of our company, that analyze, for example, how many people have gone through the advertising message, how many people have viewed the same advertising message several times etc. Third parties generating these cookies are solely responsible for the privacy policies of stored data, the www.edream-h2020.eu website being under no responsibility for the management, writing or reading of these cookies.
The cookies used by our website and their purpose are identified and described here.
In the name of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, develop reports on the activity of the website and links to other websites and related services to the site operator.
They use Google pseudonyms. It is made as part of Google Analytics that the IP address will not merge with other Google data.
How do I disable cookies?
If you do not want to receive a cookie from our website, you have the option of setting your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, so that you may determine whether to accept it or not.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Any questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcome and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org